Celtic have not only built the strongest squad in Scotland, it seems now that Ange Postecoglou is looking to build a squad for the future.
For too long we have watched as some of our top talents check out of Celtic Park and make a move to England or abroad, it seems now that the Hoops are looking to strengthen the B team and the future of the first team with the pursuit of England u16 international Luca Fletcher.
According to Pete O’Rourke, he has written in Football Insider that the Hoops could land Fletcher from Reading when he turns 16 next month.
The young forward is fast gaining a reputation for an eye for goal after notching four goals in three international matches, including one against Scotland in December last year.
Reading have serious financial difficulties and could be faced with a points deduction which would put them in serious relegation trouble and the thought of playing in England’s third tier may not appeal to one of the rising stars of the EFL.
Celtic have a history of picking up bargains using the Cross border rule, notably Moussa Demebele back in 2017 when the Frenchman became an instant hero with the Parkhead faithful and eventually left the club for almost £20m two seasons later .
- “He’s not good enough to be at Celtic.” – Mark Guidi’s unfair criticism of summer signing
- Celtic AND Rangers fans unite to defend Liel Abada from The Sun’s ludicrous journalism
- Why Rangers will lose “alarming” refereeing stat this Saturday and Celtic will benefit
- Report: Celtic double link with Japanese star and Colombian winger
- Celtic fans rip into Rangers Radio moonhowling rant on anti-Monarchy protests