If there is one thing that Ange Postecoglou doesn’t need, it’s transfer advice.
The Celtic boss has shown that he has an uncanny ability to spot talent whether it be in the UK, Japan or further afield.
The Japanese market had been brilliantly exploited by the Celtic gaffer. There’s been plenty written about that in the past and because of that success Yukio Kobayashi now joins the club as the Hoops FIFTH Japanese signing.
But it’s not just Japan the gaffer has dipped his toe into. Argentina, Russia and England have all been raided and raided very successfully.
But Chris Sutton has offered Angr his opinion on where he should set his sights next.
Speaking in his column in the Daily Record, Sutton said, “There are other markets out there to get into.
“For example, I looked at the Ecuador squad during their encounter with Qatar and thought there were good players there.
“Brighton have been upwardly mobile on that score.
“Two of the players, Pervis Estupinan and Moises Caicedo, ply their trade on England’s South Coast. Some of the other individuals are in Belgium and France and doing well.
“There are surely players just on the fringes of that Ecuador squad, such as Hatate is for Japan, who have talent, youth and ability who are available for peanuts. It’s just finding the right ones.”
The South American market hasn’t really been looked at seriously by the club.
To my mind Juninho and Rafael Scheidt have been the only ones to play for the club from Brazil and Emilio Izaguire from Hondura.
So could Ecuador or any other country in that region be next on the list for Ange?
Who knows because the Celtic boss is very good at keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to player recruitment.
I’m sure we will find out soon enough.
- “I looked at” – Chris Sutton gives Ange surprising transfer advice
- “Oh, Barry, time to give up” – Celtic fans point out one fatal flaw in Ferguson’s title masterplan
- ‘Couldn’t wipe the smile off his face’ – After Fabrizio, MLS journalist lifts the lid on brilliant Johnston interview
- “Wolves have not only dodged a bullet, they’ve won the lottery” – Journalist’s stunning rant at ‘new’ Ibrox gaffer that should serve as a warning to the Bears
- ‘Seeing my friends is the perfect medicine in my fight with cancer’ – Frank McGarvey opens up on his fight