Celtic have a reputation as a selling club with an effective player trading model. Our system of buying low and selling high has served us well over the years but it really has been in the last 4-5 years that it has really paid off.
Moussa Dembele, Kristoffer Ajer and Odsonne Edouard are to name but a few players who have gone on to make the club fortunes in the transfer market.
And one player who has been part of that player trading success is young Dutch defender, Jeremie Frimpong.
A £350k buy from Man City, the youngster was a revelation at Paradise to such an extent that Bayer Leverkusen were happy to shell out £11m for him.
It seems now that the Bundesliga giants could be set to cash in on him with Manchester United tipped to buy him for £50m this summer.
According to the Daily Record, Celtic have a whopping 30% sell on clause on Frimpong which means that we could be on course to land a £12m bumper payday.
Incredible business from the club and a credit to a Celtic board who have earned the right to claim a real player trading model, unlike another club in the city.
- Celtic may have unearthed a gem as new signing compared to Rodri
- Anthony Joseph clears up online rumours regarding Celtic’s recruitment policy
- Journalist embarrasses himself on social media after Celtic make first summer signing
- “Give the rest of us a chance”, “Mate ma Mrs is on here” – Celtic fans, Jota and Juranovic’s hilarious replies to Hoops star’s latest Instagram post
- “It is nothing that Brendan Rodgers will fear” – Viaplay Sports man tips Celtic manager to calm dressing room after Ange exit