Celtic have a strong contingent of players at this years World Cup.
Josip Juranovic, Daizen Maeda and Cameron Carter-Vickers are all representing their respective countries in the tournament but it was Aaron Mooy who was receiving the plaudits this morning for his dominant display in Australia’s 1-0 win over Tunisia.
The victory gives the Socceroos hope of qualifying from the group stages and it was Mooy’s dominant display that earned him this praise.
The ITV commentary team were wowed by Mooý and said during the match, “He’s been absolutely brilliant.
“To keep your calm in these situations when the pressure is on. It’s been a classy display from him.”
Mooy has been the subject of mixed reviews by the Celtic fans.
The midfielder came to the club with the reputation of being a solid midfielder, calm under pressure and has yet to show that consistently at club level.
If he starts to show this kind of form we have seen at the World Cup he will, no doubt, go on to be a pivotal player for us this season.
- Celtic may have unearthed a gem as new signing compared to Rodri
- Anthony Joseph clears up online rumours regarding Celtic’s recruitment policy
- Journalist embarrasses himself on social media after Celtic make first summer signing
- “Give the rest of us a chance”, “Mate ma Mrs is on here” – Celtic fans, Jota and Juranovic’s hilarious replies to Hoops star’s latest Instagram post
- “It is nothing that Brendan Rodgers will fear” – Viaplay Sports man tips Celtic manager to calm dressing room after Ange exit