I genuinely don’t know why people are so hung up Martindale. I find the guy acutely embarrassing when I hear him speak about football.
But it was his verification of last nights offside decision that I find utterly bemusing and proof, if any was needed, that he doesn’t have a clue about the offside rule. Watch this:
I’m guessing Martindale missed the part where the rules tell you that Abada was not offside then?
The offside rule states: “A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.”
Fairly simple. Fairly straightforward.
And WTF is he talking about the referee ref’d the game and not VAR?
Was it no the VAR assistant that influenced the ref to chalk off a perfectly good goal?
It’s this sort of ‘analysis’ from pundits that usually gets on my nerves but from a manager of one the top flight clubs?
This just makes our game look amateurish but then every time I listen to Martindale speak the game up here looks stupid anyway.
- “That might be my paranoia setting in” – Treble legend manager believes Celtic were victims of ‘ridiculous decisions’ in his day
- “I wouldn’t be having that” – Mark Guidi blasts recent transfer rumours for Celtic duo
- The outstanding Twitter thread that obliterates the Celtic ‘paranoia’ lie
- Hugh Keevins sends Celtic a very bizarre Michael Beale title warning
- Ewen Cameron makes incredible Kris Boyd/Fernando Torres claim. And he was serious