Celtic have a strong contingent of players at this years World Cup.
Josip Juranovic, Daizen Maeda and Cameron Carter-Vickers are all representing their respective countries in the tournament but it was Aaron Mooy who was receiving the plaudits this morning for his dominant display in Australia’s 1-0 win over Tunisia.
The victory gives the Socceroos hope of qualifying from the group stages and it was Mooy’s dominant display that earned him this praise.
The ITV commentary team were wowed by Mooý and said during the match, “He’s been absolutely brilliant.
“To keep your calm in these situations when the pressure is on. It’s been a classy display from him.”
Mooy has been the subject of mixed reviews by the Celtic fans.
The midfielder came to the club with the reputation of being a solid midfielder, calm under pressure and has yet to show that consistently at club level.
If he starts to show this kind of form we have seen at the World Cup he will, no doubt, go on to be a pivotal player for us this season.
- “He’s an absolute pest” – Barry Ferguson on Celtic star
- “Michael Stewart’s reasoning behind that was worse” – BBC man’s take on major Tynecastle flashpoint heavily criticised
- “Better than Callum McGregor” – Mark Guidi makes huge Celtic player claim
- “I have sympathy for him and Rangers” – Mark Guidi hammers home Ange message that Michael Beale and the Ibrox fans will not like
- “He’s definitely impressed me” – Barry Ferguson praises ‘top quality’ Celtic midfielder