Celtic’s players have been the subject of much transfer speculation over the last few weeks.
Obviously, Josip Juranovic and Giorgos Giakoumakis dominate the headlines with both expected to leave the clubbthis January but it was the surprising runour that emerged over the weekend where Daizen Maeda was weirdly linked with Southampton.
The Japanese forward has been on a sparkling run of form with two goals and an assist over the last three games after returning from a successful World Cup campaign.
But today, that rumour may now be redundant as Fabrizio Romano announced that The Saints are looking to sign Carlos Alcaraz from Argentinian side Racing.
Alcaraz is a midfielder but is also no stranger to playing the winger role.
The versatile star is highly sought after and you would have to think that being valued at £8m, the youngster is likely to cost the EPL club a hefty wedge of cash.
Struggling at the bottom of the league, I would also imagine that should Southampton do shell out thr kind of silly money would be required to capture his signature, there wouldn’t be much left in the bank to add another winger to the ranks.
So could it be the Celtic fans can breathe a collective sigh of relief over this rumour?
I would say yes.
- “He won’t be playing for us again” – Ronny Deila slaps down Sevco transfer target who seems very confused on his transfer situation
- “Totally forgot about that weirdo and his sh*te on this platform”, “Ambulance chaser” – James Black rinsed as he continues Celtic effigy lie
- Romano: Reported Celtic target earns €7m move
- Marco Molla: “Deal already in place”: It’s all down to Celtic now.
- “He didn’t work hard enough” – The reasons why Celtic ‘target’ was avoided by Ange