The thought of it happening fills every Celtic fan with dread.
Ange Postecoglou leaving the club is not something we ever want to think about but it will happen eventually.
With links to Everton (lazy ones at that) resurfacing this week, it is a start reminder to us all that one day, when the right club from a bigger league that matches Ange’s ambitions come calling, the Celtic boss will go.
But now is not that time says Chris Sutton and he believes we will have a good couple of years yet from the manager until he decides to leave Paradise.
Writing in his column in the Daily Record, Sutton said, “I just don’t see Postecoglou as the kind of guy to walk away at this stage of the season.
“I’m basing that on the way he gets the club, what he says in the media and the job he is currently doing at Celtic.
“But do I think he’ll be around for the long term?
“It depends how you define long term. Can I see him still being here in five years? I’m not so sure.
“There is usually a pattern with Celtic managers, even successful ones, where the Champions League becomes a priority and sometimes there’s a glass ceiling.
“I don’t think he’ll be going any time soon though.”
If we can get another two years out of Ange I would be delighted.
His stock has risen so highly over the past 18 months that it is inevitable that one of the big leagues will come calling.
And when that time comes, however heartbroken we will be, I am positive every single Celtic fan will wish him well.
He is one of us after all.
- “He’s not good enough to be at Celtic.” – Mark Guidi’s unfair criticism of summer signing
- Celtic AND Rangers fans unite to defend Liel Abada from The Sun’s ludicrous journalism
- Why Rangers will lose “alarming” refereeing stat this Saturday and Celtic will benefit
- Report: Celtic double link with Japanese star and Colombian winger
- Celtic fans rip into Rangers Radio moonhowling rant on anti-Monarchy protests