Well isn’t this just turning out how I predicted?
I said yesterday on this blog that the Giakoumakis transfer saga is likely to be concluded over the weekend and with all the signs pointing towards a move to Japanese club Urawa Reds, it seemed that all that needed to be done was getting the contracts signed.
This morning, Born Celtic reported that the big Greek striker had passed his medical ahead of a £3.5m move to the Far East but Japanese journalist Marco Molla has delivered this incredible update.
In the first tweet Molla says:
And since that update over two hours ago events have started to ramp up even more:
Celtic are now in negotiations as they no doubt look to maximise their profit on the striker.
This will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next 24 hours.
- Aaron Mooy shares what ‘he hasn’t experienced before’ in his career what he does at Celtic
- Football Scotland uses John Hartson for latest anti-Celtic headline
- Jota on the Wing gets another sensational makeover as artist plans to take it live on tour
- Former Oldco player desperately tries to punt Celtic star on live radio
- “He used to talk about his money a lot” – Former Hearts star reveals classic Chris Sutton on field trolling