Now, when statements like this are made, you need to sit up and listen. Regardless of who says it.
Henrik Larsson is an absolute icon of 21st century Celtic. A legend in modern times and is widely regarded as one of the best Celts of all time.
So when people are being put in a pedestal on a par with the Swedish God, then they better have a good, no, an amazing case to do so.
And that is exactly what Hugh Keevins has done.
Speaking on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard, Keevins said, “I will say this to you. Ange Postecoglou is now at Henrik Larsson’s level.
“There are people, Michael Beale among them, who would gladly drive him to Glasgow Airport just to see the back of him now.
“Because in Ange, the Celtic supporters trust.
“In Michael, the trust today diminished ever so slightly for the Rangers fans.”
Is Ange at that level yet? Not for me, but he’s no too far off it.
If the gaffer bags a treble this season and makes a dent in Europe next season then we can maybe start talking about it.
Ange is already a legend in many supporters eyes, especially after he retained the league yesterday against them.
Let’s see how the rest of the season pand out before we get too carried away.
- “He’s not good enough to be at Celtic.” – Mark Guidi’s unfair criticism of summer signing
- Celtic AND Rangers fans unite to defend Liel Abada from The Sun’s ludicrous journalism
- Why Rangers will lose “alarming” refereeing stat this Saturday and Celtic will benefit
- Report: Celtic double link with Japanese star and Colombian winger
- Celtic fans rip into Rangers Radio moonhowling rant on anti-Monarchy protests