Celtic have a total of eleven first team players currently out on loan or have been on loan this season.
One of Ange Postecoglou’s jobs this summer will be to look to moving many of them on.
And one player that could be heading for a Parkhead exit is Albian Ajeti.
Currently on loan at Sturm Graz, Ajeti is due to return to Glasgow at the end of the season.
But a permanent move could still be in as the Austrian club’s Sporting Director comments on the Swiss strikers immediate future.
As reported by The Sun, Andreas Schicker said, “The situation with Albian Ajeti is still open.
“Fortunately, we can still exercise the purchase option after the end of the season and therefore we want to wait for a few more games before we enter into an exchange with Celtic.
“We have a couple of players that we have purchase options with. We have to react as a club by being well-prepared.
“Next season it will be important that we have a certain continuity. As of today, I am not afraid that there will be a major upheaval for the next campaign.”
Ajeti will only have a year left on his contract when he returns to Glasgow.
Ant fee that Celtic recoup would be a bonus but removing his salary from the wage bill is probably the main priority for the boardroom.
- Celtic AND Rangers fans unite to defend Liel Abada from The Sun’s ludicrous journalism
- Why Rangers will lose “alarming” refereeing stat this Saturday and Celtic will benefit
- Report: Celtic double link with Japanese star and Colombian winger
- Celtic fans rip into Rangers Radio moonhowling rant on anti-Monarchy protests
- Watch Fran Alonso’s incredible celebrations as Celtic on course to create history