Well, at least we can draw a line under this sorry saga.
Giorgos Giakoumakis has now completed his move to the MLS and whilst he may well be picking up a heavier wage packet, he will most likely never pick up another trophy in his career.
Atalanta United have managed to hijack the big Greeks proposed move to Urawa Reds, and he has now signed for $4.7m.
It’s an unfortunate ending to Giakoumakis Celtic career and whilst he may find happiness again in the US, he will never play for a club like ours again.
Let’s hope that whatever happens with the big Greek, he finds happiness at his new club as, clearly, he was struggling to find it at Paradise playing second fiddle to Kyogo Furuhashi.
I’ll keep a close eye on this new chapter in his footballing career and, hopefully, he will make a success of himself as not inly has he gave up any future of further major honours, it is likely he has also given up his chances of afding more international caps to his name.
- “He’s not good enough to be at Celtic.” – Mark Guidi’s unfair criticism of summer signing
- Celtic AND Rangers fans unite to defend Liel Abada from The Sun’s ludicrous journalism
- Why Rangers will lose “alarming” refereeing stat this Saturday and Celtic will benefit
- Report: Celtic double link with Japanese star and Colombian winger
- Celtic fans rip into Rangers Radio moonhowling rant on anti-Monarchy protests