Good old Fabrizio Romano. Just as the transfer speculation surrounding Giorgos Giakoumakis and Josip Juranovic had died down, the Italian transfer specialist drops a bomb.
Giakoumakis looks to have signed off from his Celtic duties with a goal in the league Cup semi final on Saturday night and after Fabrizio Romano’s update today, it seems he has set the cat amongst the pigeons.
Romano has predicted that the Greek striker is on his way to Japan to sign for Urawa Reds and disclosed that the deal could be for as little as €4m.
Mental if true and former Celtic striker Chris Sutton had his say on the matter.
I’m with Chris. Whoever allows this deal to go through needs to dealt their jotters. Unless the twitter rumours are true and this was a Dom McKay f*ck up, then it’s understandable why he was let go.
But still, Gio at €4m is a steal.
I suppose for the amount of times we have pillaged the J League over the last two seasons, we were due a gut punch one day.
- Chris Sutton slams Fabrizio Romano update as ‘bonkers’
- Ewan Murray takes a swing at ‘sectarian’ Celtic fans
- “Don’t turn into Rangers” – Chris Sutton’s outstanding put down to Tottenham podcasters ‘lifetime ban’ plea
- Sky Sports disgraceful Alan Power interview almost celebrates a sectarian bigot
- “Most embarrassing thing I’ve ever read”, “Whilst singing f*** the Pope?”, “Sectarianism is funny eh, Derek?” – Celtic fans fume as convicted bigot returns for clash